21 February 2014

"Hold on th your Dreams"

"Hold on to your Dreams"
I created this sculpture to use an unwanted display prop (the black hand). The title of this piece reflects how I feel at the moment, waiting to hear if my grant application to attend the EuroSynergy Conference in Malta has been successful. 
 
The letters were cut from a rainbow Skinner Blend, created using Fuschia, Cadmium Yellow and Turquoise Premo polymer clay. The photos below show how I created the blended sheet.

Triangles of Fushia, Cadmium Yellow and Turquoise polymer clay
 
After a few passes through the pasta machine the colours start to blend

With further passes the colours blend more 

When I was happy with the blending, I traced and cut out the letters

The baked letters were then pressed onto a black backing sheet of clay



 

4 comments:

  1. So clever! Thank you for sharing. Love the humor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment - I am glad you appreciate the humour.

      Delete
  2. Hi,
    I am mostly a lurker on this site, but I wanted to comment on your art. It is so cute and good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also lurk on your website via Bloglovin but wanted to let you know that is so clever !

    ReplyDelete